Towards a viable cultural and creative industries in acp countries
In June 2021, the international webinar “Towards a sustainable cultural and creative industry in African, Caribbean and Pacific countries”, organised in the framework of the ACP-EU Culture Programme, brought together some 500 participants from 75 African, Caribbean and Pacific countries, the European Union and the rest of the world.
This event, whose interest and attendance fully met expectations, marked the will of the OEACP and the European Union to reiterate the importance of the cultural and creative sector for the human and economic development of ACP countries, to highlight its dynamism, its potential for growth but also its resilience, which has been challenged by the global health crisis we have just experienced.
Thanks to the mobilisation of high-level professionals from the cultural and creative world, the webinar addressed a series of current issues that influence the competitiveness and sustainability of the sector.
- Panel 1: Digital acceleration: New horizons for the cultural and creative industries
- Panel 3: Unlocking the potential of cultural and creative industries
- Panel 4: Youth and cultural literacy: Investing in the future
- Panel 5: Towards a more inclusive cultural and creative industry. From principles to reality
- Panel 6: Building the resilience of cultural and creative sectors in times of pandemic
The webinar “Towards a sustainable cultural and creative industry in ACP countries” is organised jointly with the Organisation of African, Caribbean and Pacific States and the European Union with the technical support of Culture Solutions and Nookom.