Support for ACP audiovisual co-production
In April 2019, the ACP-EU Culture Programme published its first call for projects, Support for ACP Audiovisual Co-production, aimed at fostering the economic and social development of ACP countries through the emergence of the audiovisual sector, a vector for democratisation and human development.
More specifically, the call aims at:
- improving the conditions for the creation and production of audiovisual works in ACP countries through better access to existing co-production funds;
- better preparation of the actors of the audiovisual sector in the ACP countries, in particular through capacity building and monitoring of the projects financed;
- optimising access and circulation of such works on national, regional and international markets through ACP-EU co-production; and
- optimising access to financing mechanisms for ACP countries’ productions.
After evaluation of the proposals received, a budget of €5,850,000 was divided between three co-production funds:
- Kulturveranstaltungen des Bundes in Berlin (KBB) GmbH (World Cinema Fund ACP)
- Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie (Clap ACP Fund)
- Centre National du Cinéma et de l’Image Animée ( DEENTAL Fund)
These grants will finance audiovisual co-productions in addition to co-financing from existing European, ACP or other partner country funds specialised in supporting the audiovisual sector. Beneficiaries will have to devote at least 80% of the grant amount to financial support to third parties, through calls for audiovisual co-production projects published at least once a year.