Support for the cultural and creative sectors in ACP countries
SECOND CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The list of winners is as follows:
Grants ranging from EUR 5 000 to 12 000
- Motiv8 Productions Fiji, a production company supporting the Rotuma project which aims to preserve the cultural heritage of Rotuma, a special dependency of the Fiji Islands.
- Tabs Investment Fiji, a company producing ukuleles from mahogany off-cuts, with the aim of promoting Fijian mahogany to major guitar brands.
Grants ranging from EUR 12 001 to 70 000
- Film Fiji, a public statutory body supporting a producer acceleration programme.
- Film Fiji, supporting a script development programme.
- iTaukei Trust Fund Fiji, an organisation working with cultural and creative producers on the island of Rotuma on skills transfer and income generating activities.
- PNG Highlands Adventure, a tour operator offering a training programme for cultural producers and creative practitioners.
Grants ranging from EUR 70 001 to 180 000
- Save Papua New Guinea, an organisation that seeks to revitalise the bilas, using peer education, digital literacy training and information and communication technology innovations to empower young people to engage in traditional arts and cultural resilience in rural and remote areas of PNG.
CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
In the Pacific region, our regional cluster has conducted two calls for expressions of interest: a first one from 1 to 31 July 2022 and a second one from 8 August to 2 September 2022. Eligible candidates from both groups will join the first shortlisted group from the first call for expressions of interest in July 2021.
Various information-sharing sessions have been organised in advance of each call to prepare future applicants for the submission of their project proposals when the time comes.
FIRST CALL FOR PROPOSALS
In July 2022, VOU Fiji contemporary dance school officially became the first recipient of our Pacific Hub grant programme – managed by the consortium led by the Pacific Community and Queensland University of Technology.
With a total grant of EUR 179,000, VOU aims to support the creation of decent jobs for around 100 young people in the creative sector.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
On 30 August 2021, the Pacific Hub has launched its first call for proposals “Enhancing the capacity of the cultural and creative industries in the Pacific – Grant Scheme”.
This call for proposals is addressed to interested applicants that submitted an EOI, attended an Information Sharing Session and meet the eligibility criteria to submit a grant proposal.
The objective of this RFP Grant Scheme is to select and fund projects and initiatives from Pacific ACP countries that will build a vibrant creative and cultural industries sector and will recognise and support Pacific cultural knowledge, innovation and creativity as tools for sustainable livelihoods and resilient communities.
For more information, please click here.
CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
The Pacific hub has launched a Call for Expressions of Interest among cultural operators on 7 June 2021, open until 11 July 2021. More than 500 expressions of interest have been submitted from the 15 countries of the regional lot. The eligible proposals will be invited to take part in a series of training seminars on knowledge-sharing and project design, before submitting a full proposal in the framework of a call for projects closing in October 2021.
More information on the Pacific hub and its activities HERE.