Are you a professional working in Africa’s Cultural and Creative Industries (CCI) sector? Do you want to enhance your entrepreneurial skills and learn about financing opportunities to boost your creative projects? If so, here is an exciting opportunity for you!
Senghor University, in collaboration with the French Development Agency, Trace Academia, and HEVA Fund, is pleased to announce the launch of the “KreAfrika” project. KreAfrika aims to support and train professionals in Africa’s cultural sector, fostering collaboration among public, private, and associative actors.
About the Training Programme
The “Entrepreneurship and Financing in Cultural and Creative Industries” training seminar is a key component of the KreAfrika project. It is designed to equip participants with valuable insights and knowledge on various aspects related to entrepreneurship and financing within the CCI sector.
During this intensive training programme, participants will explore a range of essential topics, including:
- From ideation to successfully running a business: Learn how to turn your creative ideas into a sustainable business venture.
- Cultural entrepreneurship in the African context: Understand the unique opportunities and challenges of operating within Africa’s cultural landscape.
- Developing the mindset of a creative entrepreneur: Cultivate the entrepreneurial mindset needed to thrive in the CCI sector.
- Crafting an innovative business plan: Master the art of creating a robust and innovative business plan for your creative projects.
- Understanding the available sources of investment for creative businesses: Explore various financing options and learn how to attract investment for your ventures.
The programme will provide a dynamic and interactive learning experience, featuring:
- Presentations by expert facilitators: Fundamental concepts will be delivered through both online webinars and documentation on the platform.
- Co-development sessions: Engage in collaborative sessions with fellow participants, focusing on topics of shared interest related to the seminar’s subject.
- Presentations of co-development session results: Showcase and discuss the outcomes of the collaborative work among participants.
- Discussions with experts: Gain new perspectives and insights from industry experts and explore professional approaches through real-life case studies.
- Practical exercises and simulations: Apply your learning to real-life situations and scenarios suggested by participants during the application process.
- Visits to local businesses and institutions: Gain firsthand experience by visiting relevant establishments related to the covered topics.
Venue and dates
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Dates: November 20th to 24th
How to Apply?
All interested individuals working in Africa’s CCI sector are invited to submit their applications for this exciting training opportunity before 15 September 2023. To apply, please fill the following form https://bit.ly/43J7H1i.
For any inquiries or additional information, please send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org