Join the Transcultura programme for an exciting online event that explores the world of design and its role in sustainable development.
Designing Development: Young Designers and Intellectual Property in the Caribbean and Europe invites you to a thought-provoking discussion that aims to connect young Caribbean designers with key players in the European design field, foster creative exchange, and explore the challenges and opportunities of accessing extra-regional markets.
Design encompasses a wide range of disciplines, from graphic design to urban and industrial design. It goes beyond aesthetics and focuses on creating purposeful products and experiences that convey meaningful messages. The event, organized in collaboration with the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO), offers a platform for young Caribbean designers to showcase their creative portfolios and engage in fruitful discussions.
The discussion will be structured around three sessions:
- Session 1: ‘Solving problems in a cost-effective way. Design and its crossroads’
- Session 2: ‘Open source or intellectual property? Tensions and intersections’
- Session 3: ‘What opportunities are there for the professional development of young Caribbean designers? Design events in the Caribbean and Europe’
- Date: Thursday, 11th May 2023
- Time: 9:00-13:00 (Havana Time!!)
- Location: Online via Zoom
- Language: English, French, and Spanish (with simultaneous interpretation)
- Registration: https://bit.ly/3MccbrU