Support for the cultural and creative sectors in ACP countries
In December 2019, the ACP-EU Culture Programme published a second call for proposals Support to the cultural and creative sectors in ACP countries. With a budget of €26,000,000, the call aims to foster the socio-economic development of African, Caribbean and Pacific countries by boosting the cultural and creative sectors as a whole.
Specifically, the call is aimed at:
- increasing the economic revenues of the creative sector,
- boosting job creation,
- improving accessibility, recognition and valorisation of artists and their works at national, regional and international levels.
To achieve its objectives, the call for proposals has a four-pronged strategic approach:
- creating and producing quality cultural goods and services, at a competitive cost and in increased quantity;
- optimising the circulation, dissemination and promotion of ACP cultural goods and services in national, regional and international markets;
- promoting image education;
- improving access to funding through innovative mechanisms, facilitating co-financing and aiming at reducing the dependence of ACP cultural operators on international funding.